These 2 candidates join forces and work together seamlessly to
-Create a chaotic mindset that takes your power away from you
-Keep you struggling in that ‘good or bad’, ‘on or off’, ‘all or nothing’ kind of thinking.
The Inner Critic believes inherently that you are broken and need to be fixed and also that you need to be restricted and must only eat what is on the diet or else you are a failure.
The Inner Rebel will look for reasons to blow your plan. They push hard for you starting again on Monday because “what the hay…you already blew it—so you may as well eat them all…”
The weight loss goals of the Fat Thinking platform are dodgy to say the least. There doesn’t seem to be any clear documentation of how the Fat Thinking Party will make decisions in your favor with regards to healthy food choices, getting exercise or ever reaching weight mastery.
But, they have a lot of familiar sounding beliefs and slogans and often we get hoodwinked into voting for Fat Thinking. And then, instead of the change they promised, we end up feeling frustrated, demoralized and bloated.
So this time around why not vote for something new??
How about casting your vote for Thin Thinking and the Inner Coach?
Platform 2: Thin Thinking
Here at Thin Thinking headquarters, things are looking powerful.
-There is only one candidate: The Inner Coach and one clear message—Show Up for Yourself!
-Your Inner Coach knows that you can achieve weight mastery.
-Your Inner Coach has a very specific action plan to create a healthy lifestyle that will take you to the vision you have for your health.
– Your Inner Coach is ready to solve the problems and create new solutions and doesn’t believe in magic pills or diets. Your Inner Coach believes in you! They believe that you can achieve your ideal weight and stay there because you have made the Shift from the inside out.
How to Change Platforms
If you are stuck in the Fat Thinking Camp, never fear—you can always change parties.
The good news is that we all have a strong and willing Inner Coach inside of us, ready to take the lead!
1) Start to tune in and get conscious to the rhetoric of the Fat Thinking Party.
Start by tuning in to the way you speak to yourself. When you really tune in, you can begin to hear how false the Critic and the Rebel sound: impulsive, negative, emotional.
- You can separate yourself out from the BS and begin to Shift. Take a breath and separate yourself out from the negative self speak and see it as separate from you. In fact, imagine the negative inner voice sounding like the candidate that you are voting against–that will start to poke holes in the power that the negative voice has over you.
2) You can begin to get very clear on what it is you do want versus what you don’t want. The more you focus on a clear and definable outcome, the more your Inner Coach can begin to take clear and actionable steps and the less the Inner Critic will pull you to the dark side.
- Don’t try “not” to do something like “not eat chocolate in the afternoon”. The mind doesn’t hear the negative, focuses on the action, and leaves us feeling tempted and deprived so that we often fall back into the old pattern.
- Instead, set a doable goal that you know is achievable and focused on the outcome that you want. “I will have a pear and some almonds as my afternoon snack”. Imagine how good you will feel when you accomplish that goal–this gets your mind excited to achieve that goal.
- Once you have real facts, and can view it simply as information. Instead of using it to judge yourself for not being perfect, you can begin to solve the problems and seek new workable strategies.
4) Practice showing up for yourself every day in these small ways, making the one healthy decision at a time and you will quickly begin feeling more powerful and confident.
VOTE FOR THIN THINKING
VOTE FOR YOUR INNER COACH
Be sure to check out the newly relaunched Shift Weight Mastery website. We’ve added Free Hypnosis sessions including a 5 Day Night Eating Program that will tackle the mindless grazing so many of us do in the evenings. www.shiftweightmastery.com
Good luck at the Inner Voting Booth—I know you will make the Shifted choice!